Wednesday, June 21, 2006

City Boxing

Yesterday I joined the City Boxing team downtown Sandiego. It was a very good experience. I took the beginners kickboxing class taught by Brandon Vera, and the Jiu Jitsu class that immediately followed. A tough 2 1/2 hours. But, IMO, the best way to train in grappling is tired. It forces you to use your technique, or get submitted.

The gym is a busy one, probably partly due to the success of it's fighters. They have plenty of equipment and expertise on hand. The biggest thing for me was to be able to train with great fighters at a low cost. Compared to other prices in San Diego, City Boxing is a bargain for anyone. Many gyms offer only one sport, this one allows you to train in any or all of them (Muay Thai, Jiu Jitsu, Boxing) or all of them for the low monthly fee. I think I will continue to do the kickboxing and Jiu Jitsu supersets 2 times a week. I need to get back to middleweight size!!

If you are in the San Diego area, I recommend this gym.

Nate

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home